Your role at Mapiq
Mapiq is growing fast and we want our Development team to grow just as fast. Ready to push the envelope of smart offices with us? Here’s what you’ll do:
- Improve existing features: fixing existing code to make improvements in performance or maintainability. Either while on bug hunt with our Tester or on your own initiative.
- Brainstorm about client-server architecture: new features often include new API endpoints and data formats. As a front-ender you provide important input to the back-end team to achieve good technical designs together.
- Develop complex web apps in React, including project architecture.
Who are we looking for?
We try to keep it realistic, but if we have to describe our perfect candidate it would be someone with at least 3 years of experience as a Front-End Developer who understands how to create the best user-interfaces and user-experiences and stands behind our mission to build great places to work.
- A Bachelor degree, preferable in a technical studies
- You are a critical thinker who values sharing knowledge
- You are a quick learner: you will quickly find your way in our current codebase
- Mapiq has people from all kinds of countries, so we want our people to have good communication skills in English
- You know how to make strategic decisions and have a strong sense of responsibility
- You are authorized to work in The Netherlands.
We are working in an industry that is going sky high, and we wouldn’t be able to keep up without the talented people we have at Mapiq. We always strive to hire people that bring their own ideas, background and culture to raise the bars with us.
What to expect?
- A team of talented and driven colleagues
- An inspirational and fast-growing international work environment
- 25 days of annual paid leave
- A solid pension-plan
- A company that cares about your wellbeing;
- Competitive pay – of course, no one really knows what that means. To us it means that we pay you what seems fair to us, looking at your current experience and skills. We’ll discuss salary during the very first talk we have with you to make sure you know what to expect.
- Fun! We love our jobs and work hard, but we definitely know how to play hard too – although we can’t have drinks at the office nowadays, we still organize virtual events (like a Bob Ross Painting Night or an Among Us Game Night). Once we can go back to the office, we’ll continue with our boot camps on Tuesdays and Thursdays, annual Mapiq party and board game nights.
Feel like you have been reading a description of yourself? Come join us! The only thing we need you to do is to leave your thoughts on the job as well as your CV with us. We will review your application and invite you for a call with our Recruiter Frouke if we think there could be a match. After this, you can expect two rounds of video calls (we do everything virtually at the moment). A business case might be part of one of the two interviews. You will also meet your future manager, Simon!